Thursday, April 15, 2010

Call for action: Geo-spatial in MySQL needs your support

At the MySQL UC, I went to a talk on MySQL for Geospatial applications, as for those of who know me and have read my blog before, you know that this is a hot topic for me! I will try to drive this a bit more, more specifically, getting the "real" MySQL functions for Geospatial applications, that currently only exists in a MySQL Preview release, and have them firmly in the MySQL GA version. This will happen eventually, and we need to make sure sure it happens. The current preview release is maintained and updated, so it's not that far behind the main server, and the GIS functions themselves are stable enough.

If you have an interest in this, let me know. I will try to organize some kind of community around this somehow, at least that is my plan, but first, I want to know who you are. If you have a commercial project, then that is even better, as a commercial project might help get even more drive here. But I am interested in any project. And if you have tools, ideas, code or requirements, let me know and I'll try to organize.

Drop me an email at anders@mysql.com or just comment here and watch this space for more info.

/Karlsson

7 comments:

mgrennan said...

Hi,

I was in the room with you. I'm the DBA for WDTinc and I'm learning about GIS in MySQL. I have worked with mapping as a developer for xastir.org.

We (WDT) use lots of GIS data. I would like to say close to what is happening and get my developers interested in use it it MySQL.

惠如惠如惠如 said...

我們唯一需要恐懼的事,是恐懼本身........................................

JeremiahRenne332 said...

go2av-視訊網 蕃薯藤交友 視訊聊天sexy girls get fucked辣妹 視訊交友天堂90739 高雄視訊34c正妹 免費視訊34c辣妹微風論壇 月宮貼圖色妹妹嘟嘟情人色網 免費視訊gogo 080豆豆出租情人視訊 999成人性站 拓網成人 視訊 純愛迷情成人綜合論壇 性感遊戲 辣妹自拍哈尼視訊 情色視訊 拓網交友情色視訊 520sex-情色視訊 拓網視訊交友 sexy girl色妹妹視訊 sex520貼片援交視訊聊天室 新浪視訊 色妹妹視訊高雄援交 34c視訊網愛聊天室 一對多視訊拓網辣妹視訊 176視訊聊天室 av最前線 視訊交友90739南台灣視訊 性愛貼圖 視訊聊天室90739 show-live視訊情色 網 美女米克綜合論壇視訊 日本avdvd女優美女寫真 完美女人辣妹鋼管脫衣秀 全裸美女圖片 辣妹視訊自拍美女聊天室 777美女dvd辣妹視訊 網路美女辣妹陪聊 台灣美女寫真集圖 成人卡通美女a片 視訊美女免費試玩 日本美女短片 色情漫畫777美女dvdav 亞洲藝人美女寫真 台灣亞洲名模美女 美女自拍走光貼圖 無碼女優美女圖光碟 護士美女自拍貼圖 巨乳美女寫真 自拍情趣美女 性感熱辣美女女優寫真

明宏 said...

Learning makes life sweet...................................................

林60102asai_sistrunk said...

wonderful...................................................

周馥虹 said...

原來這世上能跟你共同領略一個笑話的人竟如此難得........................................

韋于倫成 said...

想像是什麼並不重要,想像能做什麼才重要..................................................