Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nov 23: At Cloud Camp Stockholm

I am Cloud Camp in Stockholm today. Some interesting ideas are bounced around, pretty cool stuff.

One thing hit me today though: the lack in innovation, in IT as a whole and in databases in particular is stunning. I have thus decided to write a few blogpost on this I think should, and probably eventually has to change, but noone wants to change it, and few even see it as a problem.

That said, I still got a few interesting ideas today, and I will test some products I saw here, and I will write a few blogpost on some of them.

I think the good usecases for clouds is also getting clearer, and that is a good thing. In difference to the current IT trends, IT press and many high-profile bloggers as well as IT influencers, I do not think that cloud computing will help resolve the conflict in the middle east. Also, I do not believe that the introduction of cloud computing, in difference to what many IT security folks seem to think, will cause all the credit card info, all the personal data and everything else suddenly to be available to everyone on the net. Taking my own stand as usual, and in this case this is a real different view,I beleive that Cloud computing is great for some, but not for all. And I also do not think (you are sitting down now, right? This is revolutionary, ground-breaking thinking) there is no such thing as a silver bullet. Tough!

/Karlsson

No comments: